How Yoga Can Help to Heal Your Back Problems
To deal with back and spine issues, you can try below asanas and use a good back support mattress. A healthy lifestyle and regular exercise will help keep your back healthy and strong, a great mattress can provide great support and comfort for your back and spine. You can try certain exercises and yoga asana to help strengthen your backache.
1. Down Facing Dog Pose(Adho Mukhasana)
Down Facing Dog is an Attic yoga asana that mainly targets the large muscles form your lower back (back extensors). Thus, it helps great support, lengthen and strengthen to your back muscles.
There are couples of benefits with Down Facing Dog Pose:
- Strengthens the Arms and Shoulders.
- Tones the Core and Waist
- Lengthens the Hamstrings and Calves
- Brings Blood Flow to the Brain
- Stretches the Spine and Strengthens the Back
2. Child Pose(Balasana)
Child pose asana is an active body stretch that helps elongate and align the spine in the right shape. It works as a great de-stressor by taking more pressure off the lower back, thus relieving the tense of body muscles.
There are couples of benefits with Child Pose:
- It’s a super calming for the mind.
- Great for your digestion system.
- It elongates the lower back of the body.
- Opens up the hips.
- Reminds you that you are resting is a good thing.
3. Cat and Cow Stretch(Bitilasana)
The Cat and Cow stretch works wonders for an achy, sore back. While stretching the back and the torso, it also helps massage and loosens the muscles in and around the spine. It helps keep your spine limber and fluid.
There are couples of benefits with Cat and Cow Stretch Pose:
- It provides the flexibility of your muscles and enables you to advance to more complex poses.
- Cat/cow pose or Bitilasana will gently warm up your body for the session.
- It relieves menstrual cramps and pain.
- The pose will also improve the blood flow in your spine
- Stretches the hips, abdomen and back This will improve the flexibility and relieve tension in these areas.
4. Half Lord of the Fish Pose(Ardha Matsyendrasana)
The Half Lord of the Fish pose is one of the unique poses for correcting all your spine problems at the very base level. It exercises and massages the superficial muscles of the spine to the depth and adjusts distorted vertebrae, thus increasing spinal circulatory activities.
There are couples of benefits with Half Lord of the Fish Pose:
- It will stretch the shoulders, hips, neck, and spine.
- Provides relief from fatigue, backache, and sciatica.
- Stimulated digestion and metabolism in the body.
- Stimulated kidneys and liver in the body.
- Relief from menstrual discomfort.
5. Standing Forward Fold(Uttanasana)
Upward Forward Bend pose, this is another effective yoga asana that helps lengthen the hamstrings and back muscles, thus reducing tension in the vertebrae and easing any sort of pain.
There are couples of benefits with Standing Forward Fold Pose:
- This will helps to relieve stress, headaches, anxiety, fatigue, mild depression, and insomnia.
- It deeply stretches and lengthens your hamstrings and calves.
- It opens the hips and can relieve tension in the neck and shoulders.
6. Locust Pose(Salabhasana)
The Locust pose is another unique yoga pose to get rid of back and shoulder pain quickly and easily. It helps strengthen and lengthen the muscles around the spine, thus correcting your posture and reducing back pain. It also helps relieve sciatica pain.
There are couples of benefits with Locust Pose:
- It will strengthen the abdominal and back muscles.
- Improves digestion ability in the body.
- Promotes better blood circulation.
- Increases sexual stamina.
- The best source of stress and tension reduction.
7. Legs Up the Wall Pose(Viparita Karani)
One of the most healthy and calming poses, the Legs Up the Wall pose helps relax the lower back muscles and relieve mild backaches. It also drains off excess stagnant fluid from the ankles and feet, thus soothing them.
There are couples of benefits with Legs Up the Wall Pose:
- It reduces stress in the legs and feet.
- It relieves tired leg muscles.
- It provides you all the benefits of inversion, without the effort.
- It is super calming for the nervous system.
- It helps quiet the mind.
8. Sphinx Pose(Salamba Bhujangasana)
The Sphinx yoga pose helps us to strengthen the spine, lower back, shoulders, and legs. It improves blood circulation in and around your spine, thus improving mobility and relieving stress and pain.
There are couples of benefits with Sphinx Pose:
- Strengthens the spine.
- Stretches chest and lungs, shoulders, and abdomen.
- Firms the buttocks.
- Stimulates abdominal organs.
- Helps relieve stress in the body.
9. Palm Tree Pose(Vrksasana)
The Palm Tree pose is one of the most useful exercises for relieving back pain. It helps stretch the spine vertically, correcting your posture and thus relieving back pain.
There are couples of benefits with Palm Tree Pose:
- Strengthens thighs, calves, ankles, and spine.
- Stretches the groins and inner thighs, chest, and shoulders.
- Improves sense of balance.
- Relieves sciatica and reduces flat feet.
A mattress is considered perfect when it provides you the optimum support to your body and gives you a cozy hug when you lie down on your bed. This quality appropriately describes Durfi Mattress. This mattress is designed for orthopedic patients, who suffer from back pain regularly. It provides accurate support to their body posture, and comfort to their joints. Apart from the support, this mattress appropriately hugs your body at the heavier areas and gives you the firm support at the weak areas, so you can feel your mattress adjust based on how you sleep.
Go on, experiment with your sleeping position, and the rest is supported by Durfi.